Building consent fees
All applications are subject to the following payments:
- Submission: deposit paid upon application (non-refundable)
- Consent issue: additional costs will be invoiced and must be paid prior to issue of consent, including:
- staff time at hourly charge out rate in excess of deposit (minus system fee)
- estimated inspection fees
- levies and development contributions as applicable
- CCC issue: outstanding costs must be paid prior to issue of CCC, including:
- additional staff time at hourly charge out rate
- additional inspection fees
Below is a list of fees and charges for building consents for Nelson City. All fees apply from 1 July 2022.
Download a PDF version of the Building Unit Fees and Charges 2022 (235KB PDF)
Building consents may also incur development contributions.
You can pay building consent fees within the simpli portal. Alternatively see general information on how to pay for consent fees.