Nelson is currently at COVID-19 Alert Level 1. Learn more.

Solid fuel burner consents

To find out more about approved solid fuel burners, pellet burners or Nelson's Air Quality Plan, please refer to the Air Quality page on this website.

Proof of ownership

Council will accept a current Rates demand as proof of ownership for solid fuel burner building consent applications.


Council is required to collect levies for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, and BRANZ.  These levies are based on the value of works and are explained in the Building Unit Fees and Charges.

Apply Now