Rural water users

If your water comes from an independent water supply, i.e. a community water scheme, a stream, bore or spring, and you don’t get a water bill from the Council, then you are a rural water user. This means that you are affected by rural water restrictions when in place.

Farming through a drought

Regular monitoring and snappy decision making is the key to protecting your property and livestock against the effects of drought.

See an advisory document on farm management under drought conditions (420KB PDF).

For advice on rural water restrictions and where to get support, read more about information for rural water users.